Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week One, starting with a BANG!!! <>

It’s time to make my fan-boy happy and start this program with a “BANG!”…

I can almost bend to touch the floor with my hands, I went down a half inch in pant size (seriously, my pants were HUGE on me today) and my back isn't quite in agony. It's sore, but it isn't screaming at me to lay the fuck down and rest. I'm happy and a little giddy about it. I know the waist size thing will be back to "normal" tomorrow, probably, but this is a great start. And I can do these exercises without killing myself. This is fantastic.

So here’s the picture of me, at 310 or so… give or take a pound depending on where the scale is located and what time of the day it is. Maybe an excuse here and there to explain the extra poundage, but I’ll take the small comforts where I can. So here are the things I’m looking forward to:

Grilled chicken, Buffalo burgers, squash chips, the Diamond Cutter position where I’m not only allowed but encouraged to “hulk it out!”, and the feeling I’ll get from accomplishing each weekly goal. Right now the goal is to hit my yoga sessions at LEAST 3 times this week, Prepare my lunch for work all five days, and walk around the block on Friday night. Small goals, but DDP says that I should set achievable goals for myself and keep reaching for new ones once I’ve caught the others.

Who is DDP? I guess I should explain a little about this program I’m on, seeing as how so many not be aware and some people may be interested… this will also explain the first sentence of this week’s blog.

Diamond Dallas Page isn’t just some Yogo Guru, but rather he’s a former professional wrestler who main evented the WCW and WWE during their boom period in the late 90’s. This guy wasn’t just some muscle-head, either… DDP started his career late in life when everyone told him he would never be able to make it. He isn’t a bodybuilder,  he isn’t some high flying master of lucha-libre. He was, for all intents, a fairly average guy who stood a little taller than some and wrestled  with a good amount of psychology. After an injury sidelined him for a period, he worked to come back at the age of 42 and went on to not only main event again but to win the World Championship three times. (Yes, wrestling is fake… but being THE guy isn’t something just anyone can walk in and do…. It takes good matches, great psychology, and amazing charisma.) DDP never said “quit”, he never let anyone else back him down from what he wanted to achieve, and he put himself out there.

Now, I don’t have that type-A personality that DDP has… that’s not me. I’m much more introverted, a loner sort, I’m moody, and I’ve constantly allowed other people’s doubts to keep me from pursuing one dream or another. With that said, I don’t think DDP is going to totally revamp my personality… but I’m hoping that the wrestling fan in me keeps getting excited from the “bang” of the Diamond Cutter, DDP’s signature “hand sign” to the fans. It’s also the signature position in his Yoga technique, amusingly enough… there are twelve positions for me to learn, but the Diamond Cutter is by far the most fun to do. It’s little more than a basic stretch, reaching your arms back up high and then bringing them, out in a T, and then down further to “hulk it up!” … HAH! I love that.

See you next week for another update.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment