Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How much have I lost as I start week 5?

Another week marked down:  this is the end of my fourth, and it wasn’t as much of a success as the first two. Christmas makes dieting and strict workout regiments a little harder to maintain. Combining the rushed stress of family visits, last minute Holiday planning, and my depression made for an awful formula. I fell back into somewhat old habits, including two helpings of Christmas dinner instead of sticking to the one.  I missed breakfast on and off, I ate a few cookies the other night, and a few chocolates I got in my stocking. I did, however, manage to stay away from most of the fast foods and kept most of my diet regiment going pretty strong. I missed a Yoga-session Monday and Wed last week, though I did the Wed program on Thursday instead. I did not set any goals this week, which may be one of the things that held me back… I try to set three goals for my week, things that I have to meet over a period of time and not all at once.

 There’s no reason at all I shouldn’t be able to lose this horrible weight and get in better shape this year, so long as I remain disciplined. I got back on the horse last week and did everything I needed to do, which was my only real major goal. Just do the thing. Get it done. Keep it real.

Discipline sucks, occasionally. But it’s all about what I want, and what I’m willing to do to get it. I want to be healthier, I want to be happier, I want to be in better shape, and I want to feel better.

With that said, as I start week 5... I am proud to announce that I have lost roughly 16 lbs. 

Yes, you heard me... 16 pounds. In four weeks, I may be going a little too hard, so I need to make sure I don't lose the weight too quickly. Thank you everyone for your support. If I can do this again next month, I'm going to be even happier, because that will put me in the 280 range.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Mark!
    Don't think of it as a set-back. This isn't a race that you'll lose if you aren't "done" by a certain date. This is your life, and your health. You're simply changing your relationship with both, and changing negative habits into positive ones.
    For all the faults you see, remember your body still does some pretty amazing things for you, and so it is ok if you want that cookie. It isn't a reward, it is your right... just balance it out with an extra carrot somewhere :)
    Remember - big picture is important, day to day details are only part of the picture.
    Keep it up Mark!

    ReplyDelete