Thursday, January 24, 2013

With a bang!!!

The next month began with a BANG!!!

I’m down 16 pounds from last month, bringing me in at a whopping 299 which is the first time in almost a year that I’ve been under three hundred pounds. It’s the first significant amount of weight I’ve lost since my second surgery, and I’m extremely excited by it. I’m working hard to fulfill my goals and my current goal is to try to drop another ten pounds by the time I weigh in again next month.

That should be around 289. The last time I was around 285 was during the Manor of Mayhem shoot with Blyte. My one and only “worked” match, even if it was only a studio brawl. I took some good bumps, hit a decent looking DDT, and eventually tapped out to the Camel Clutch. I was still fresh out of surgery by a little under 3 months and I shouldn’t have done it, but it was an opportunity I didn’t want to miss. Chances are I’ll never get a chance to work a match in front of a live crowd, that I’ll never be able to get in the ring again, so I wanted something to remember my training by and to hold in posterity. Despite the recent surgery, I was in far better shape at that point and I was able to work a solid 7 minutes without getting winded… and the match really wasn’t terrible. I wish the lighting were better so people could’ve seen the stuff we did against the wall more clearly… getting slammed into the ladder we set up there, the stiff clotheslines, and all that stuff. Getting back to that weight will be a small dream come true, because I really didn’t feel fat at that point. I actually kind of liked the way my body was shaped back then. So ten pounds… that’ll bring me within that range again.

But that’s a long term goal, and I need a short term goal right now. Just doing my program can’t be a goal, because it needs to become a habit. I need a “goal”, something to stay focused on and move toward… and it has to be something achievable without being overly easy. I think that maybe another “Davey Crockett” moment might be in store for the Cunningham boys. 

Also, I took my son to his first live WWE show... he loved it. But now he's bouncing all over the house and I need to get him to calm down a little... ugh. Well, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment